We have an on-site heated indoor hydrotherapy pool that is kept at 31 degrees celsius. It is equipped with an exercise platform to allow you to perform standing exercises, and a chair lift for ease of access.
Hydrotherapy provides many of the conditioning and strength benefits of general exercise without the risk of joint impact injuries. Our therapists create customised pool therapy programs for rehabilitation, therapeutic maintenance, pregnancy, elite athletes, weight loss, pain relief, and cardiovascular training.
Before accessing our hydrotherapy pool it is part of our protocol for all patrons to attend an initial assessment with our physiotherapists or exercise physiologist to screen for safety and create an individualised hydrotherapy program for you. If you have attended another hydrotherapy pool elsewhere and have a current hydrotherapy program, you will need to have a program re-assessment created as our pool is deep water only, if this is the case please tell reception when making an appointment.
In addition to individual hydrotherapy programs, we also run aqua aerobics classes throughout the week. Please call (02) 4721 1222 to find out more details.
Benefits of hydrotherapy
Hydrotherapy has been used for decades in the management of acute and chronic conditions, such as ligament sprains or arthritis. The warm water and buoyancy reduce loading on joints resulting in an abundance of benefits including:
- Decreased pain and stiffness
- Increased strength and range of movement
- Improved mood, sleep, sense of well being
- Manage weight
- Improve fitness and endurance
- Trunk and arm strengthening exercise
- Core stability
- Gentle stretching of your back and other structures
- Pain management and relaxation
- Weight reduction and buoyancy
- Maximize strength, movement and health
HYDROTHERAPY IS SUITABLE FOR:
- Chronic pain
- Musculoskeletal problems
- Fitness training
- Knee and back pain
- Weight loss
- Post operative rehab
- Total hip and knee replacement
- Post spinal fusion and laminectomy
- Post rotator cuff surgery
- All orthopaedic surgeries
speak to our friendly admin team to book a hydrotherapy appointment
Aqua Aerobics Class
Ph: (02) 4721 1222
Friday: 8am-5:00pm Saturday: 8am-10:30am (Pool Only)