We have an on-site heated indoor hydrotherapy pool with an exercise platform and easy access chair lift.
Hydrotherapy provides many of the conditioning and strength benefits of general exercise without the risk of joint impact injuries. Our therapists create customised pool therapy programs for rehabilitation, therapeutic maintenance, pregnancy, elite athletes, weight loss, pain relief, and cardiovascular training.
Before accessing our hydrotherapy pool it is part of our protocol for all patrons to attend an initial assessment to have a personally tailored program created. If you have attended another hydrotherapy pool elsewhere and have a current hydrotherapy program, you will need to have a program re-assessment created as our pool is deep water only, if this is the case please tell reception when making an appointment.
Pool entry for patients is $12 per visit
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we have had to make multiple changes to the way our pool is run.
– Only 5 people are allowed in the pool at a time, and all pool visits must be 30 minutes each.
– All pool visits must be pre-booked for social distancing purposes.
– We ask that patients follow the 1.5m rule in the pool to ensure yours, and other patrons safety.
- Chronic pain
- Musculoskeletal problems
- Fitness training
- Knee and back pain
- Weight loss
- Chronic Fatigue
- Post op rehab
DEEP WATER RUNNING
Being injured doesn’t mean your fitness routine has to stop. Whether you’re an athlete or just serious about maintaining your fitness, your training routine most likely involves running; when you’re injured, the thought of abandoning your rigorous training schedule is daunting. If you need movement to heal, but movement causes pain, impact-free deep water running may be the answer.
Group Aqua Aerobics classes
ARTHRITIS MANAGEMENT AND REHABILITATION
Hydrotherapy has been used for decades in the management of rheumatoid conditions and arthritis. The warm water, buoyancy, reduced gravity and therefore reduced loading on joints allows people with a wide range of rheumatoid conditions to achieve many positive benefits in the hydrotherapy pool, including:
- Decreased pain and stiffness
- Increased strength and range of movement
- Improved mood, sleep, sense of well being
- Manage weight
- Improve fitness and endurance
- Trunk and arm strengthening exercise
- Core stability
- Gentle stretching of your back and other structures
- Pain management and relaxation
This is possibly the most common use of hydrotherapy and includes post operative management of patients with:
- Total hip and knee replacement
- Post spinal fusion and laminectomy
- Post rotator cuff surgery
- Weight reduction and buoyancy
- Warmth and other pain relief benefits
- Increased movement with less pain
- Maximize strength, movement and health
CAN ANYONE ACCESS THE POOL?
Anyone can book and attend a group aqua class. No physiotherapy Assessment is required.
If you would like to use the pool independently to improve your fitness but you are not a patient nor have an injury please enquire about our Non Patient Pre Pool Assessment and see our fee below. We’d like to get to know you, understand any current or past conditions, know your confidence levels, and run through our Pool Safety policies.
Have a question for us?
72-74 Regentville Road, Jamisontown, NSW, Australia
Ph: (02) 4721 1222
Friday: 8am-5pm Saturday: 8am-10:30am (Pool Only)